2 MAY 2019 - 12 MAY 2019
Botswana arrangements AUD $13,490 per person
Single supplement AUD $1,315 per person
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT now available for bookings before 30th of June 2018
Join professional wildlife photographer and tutor and Nikon School Instructor, Michael Snedic, on this 11 day Incredible Botswana journey taking you to three of the best safari locations in Botswana, the safari gem of Southern Africa. Learn to photograph wildlife in action on this exceptional small group photo workshop. Accommodation is intimate, authentic and comfortable. This photo workshop promises to deliver a world class safari and photographic experience.
- Intimate group with space for only 6 photographers
- Photographic tuition by professional photographer and tutor, Michael Snedic
- Extra luggage allowance for all your photographic equipment
- Two private safari concessions in the heart of the world famous Okavango Delta making for an exclusive photographic safari. No other vehicles or tourist hordes just vehicles from your camps.
- Two private safari vehicles so loads of space to take the prefect photo.
- Offroad driving allows freedom to follow Africa's unique wildlife, night drives are also included.
- Exclusive private houseboat on the famous Chobe River including a eight-seater custom built photo boat with fully rotating chairs and fitted with state of the art camera mounts moored alongside.
- JOHANNESBURG: CITY LODGE OR TAMBO AIRPORT
- MOREMI GAME RESERVE: KWANDO SPLASH CAMP
- MOREMI GAME RESERVE: PANGOLIN KHWAI CAMP
- CHOBE RIVER FRONT: PANGOLIN VOYAGER HOUSEBOAT
DAY 01 - 2nd MAY
JOHANNESBURG: CITY LODGE OR TAMBO AIRPORT
Johannesburg is one of Africa’s biggest and most vibrant cities. It is the economic capital of Africa and the gateway to Southern Africa. Although not as famous as other South African destinations, there is plenty to do in Johannesburg and nearby Pretoria. The old city is a multi-cultural mixture of traditional medicine shops, Chinese restaurants, taxi ranks and ultra modern skyscrapers. There are excellent museums, art galleries and organised tours of historical and political interest. The shopping is Southern Africa’s best and the many restaurants cater for all tastes. The nearby township of Soweto is Johannesburg’s most popular tourist attraction.
DAY 02 - 3rd MAY
MOREMI GAME RESERVE: KWANDO SPLASH CAMP
Situated in the east of the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve ranks as one of the most beautiful reserves in Africa. It covers more than 4871 square kilometres of pristine wilderness, and the varied terrain includes savannah, winding waterways, and dense forest. This diverse ecosystem supports an incredibly wide spectrum of wildlife, ranging from large herds of buffalo, wildebeest and zebra, to the rare sitatunga and lechwe antelope, lion, cheetah and packs of wild dog in the open grasslands. The birdlife is prolific and includes most of the 550 bird species recorded on Botswana’s national bird list. A range of luxury lodges in the reserve offers visitors the perfect base to experience this corner of paradise.
DAY 05 - 6th MAY
MOREMI GAME RESERVE: PANGOLIN KHWAI CAMP
The Pangolin Khwai Camp is on the 200,000 ha Khwai Private Reserve, which is one of the most pristine and well-managed wildlife areas in the whole of Botswana. To the north are dry arid areas commonly associated with the Savute ecosystem. To the south lies the Khwai river accompanied by its lush vegetation deep water holes and ponds. To the East lives the quiet community reserve, which although is excellent for game viewing and photography, is becoming increasingly busy due to the increase in the numbers of lodges and vehicles over the last couple of years. The advantage of being on the quiet private reserve is that we have access to all of these areas offering a truly varied wildlife geography experience in several different ecosystems.
The Pangolin Khwai Camp offers an amazing range of activities during your stay. We offer both water and land-based activities. Along with a large flat bottomed photo boat, we also have a mokoro station from where you will depart on the most iconic Delta experience – punting through the channels of the Okavango in a traditional dug out canoe.
DAY 08 - 9th MAY
CHOBE RIVER FRONT: PANGOLIN VOYAGER HOUSEBOAT
The Chobe Riverfront is an elephant mecca; home to the largest density of African elephants in the world. Travel here during winter and you’ll fast run out of fingers and toes while you count them drinking at the riverbanks and socialising out on the floodplains.
Thanks to its ease of access from Victoria Falls, the Chobe Riverfront is the busiest part of Botswana (though still a much quieter affair than most South or East African safaris). What Chobe lacks in solitude during the busier months, it more than makes up for with quality game viewing.
Chobe will leave you feeling tiny as giant elephant bulls stroll up next to your vehicle or snorkel alongside your boat. It will make you feel lost as hundreds of hippos and buffaloes crowd you out on the floodplains. It will put your heart in your throat as prides of lions stalk antelopes by the water’s edge, and it will leave you alone with your thoughts while the classic red sunsets melt over the river to a soundtrack of whistling fish eagles.
Chobe is not just a great introduction to Botswana. It also makes a rewarding repeat journey once you’ve ticked off the big stuff. It’s a place to search for the rare sable antelope, to spot that gem from the birders’ bucket list and to explore the remoter corners.
Where you stay in Chobe makes a huge difference to your safari experience. The most affordable options are at bigger hotels in a town setting where you’ll share your game drives with a few more vehicles. On the more exclusive end, stay in a wilder area in or around the park, listen to the sounds of the bush at night and get a head start on accessing the park for activities.
- VIP meet and greet on arrival into Johannesburg Airport.
- Accommodation Johannesburg Airport Hotel with breakfast
- All light aircraft flights in Botswana.
- Extra luggage allowance 25kgs per person
- Accommodation at Splash Camp including all meals, most drinks, park fees, two private vehicles with professional guides and trackers for the safari activities.
- Accommodation at Khwai Camp including all meals, most drinks, park fees, two private vehicles with professional guides for the safari activities.
- Accommodation on an exclusive private houseboat charter on the famous Chobe River including all meals, most drinks, park fees, private eight-seater custom built photo boat with fully rotating chairs and fitted with state of the art camera mounts moored alongside.
- Photographic tuition and accompanied by Michael Snedic one of Australia’s most accomplished wildlife and nature photographers, writers and tutors, as well as a Nikon School Instructor.
- International airfares and regional flights to Botswna
- Items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified (dinner and any drinks in Johannesburg)
- Additional arrangements pre and post tour
- Travel insurance