Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens, Toowong, Brisbane
Monday 12th of July 2021
8am to 11.00am
$135.00 (plus GST)
Would you like to learn how to best take great photos of tiny macro subjects? In this half-day photographic workshop, Michael will teach you how achieve sharp, evenly-lit and well-composed photos of anything “macro”.
You will be shown how to use different types of lenses and extension tubes, as well as ways to achieve perfect lighting using various flash methods, diffusers and reflectors. Depth-of-field, an important component of macro photography, will be discussed at length as well as the best ways to steady your camera/lens. Best composition methods will be covered as well. Our subjects will include various types of flowers in bloom, cacti, insects and more.
Macro Photographic Tips and Techniques
This course will cover:
- Recommended Shutter Speeds for different situations
- Focal styles
- Focal points
- Lighting/Flash Use
- Common Pitfalls to Avoid
- And much more!
- 8am – Meet at the café entrance at the bottom of the car park (Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens)
- There will a brief session covering the best types of equipment recommended for macro photography. You will then be instructed you on various macro photography techniques “in-the-field”.
- 9.30am – Morning tea and photography chat
- We will work our way around the gardens showing you how to achieve the best macro results in-camera.
- 11am – finish
How To Book:
To book your place, please use the contact form and Michael will send you payment details.
Please note: This workshop is limited to 8 participants. This will ensure that you receive comprehensive personal tuition from Michael.