Michael Snedic is excited to again present this photographic exploration of the magnificent Tarkine rainforest region of Tasmania.
7th to 11th of May 2022
Corinna “At Home in the Wilderness” 4 nights
7th to 11th of May 2022
AU$3295 per person, twin share plus GST (single supplement AU$525)
Professional Photographers and Tutor, Michael Snedic
Launceston Transit Centre OR Hotel Grand Chancellor, Tasmania
12 seater bus with luggage trailer
All levels of photography are catered for and with Michael as your professional and experienced tutor, you will receive plenty of individual one-on-one time that will be geared towards your own personal skill levels and needs.
4 nights at Corinna Cabins, surrounded by the Tarkine Wilderness.
All meals catered for, except lunch on the last day. This includes fully-cooked, hearty breakfasts, filling lunches and delicious dinners.
- Photography tuition by Michael Snedic
- Four nights accommodation at Corinna Homestead
- Hearty, home cooked meals (as per itinerary)
- All transport during workshop
- Two river cruises, including a trip to the rugged west coast
- Transport to/from Tasmania
- Hotel “in-room” expenses
- Other personal expenses
Maximum 8 Participants
This workshop is capped at 8 participants, giving you maximum tuition time with Michael.
- Rainforest photography including autumn fungi and moss covered forests
- Photography sessions at Philosophers Falls
- Pieman River Cruise on Arcadia ll to the Pieman heads on Tasmania’s wild west coast
- Sweetwater cruise on the Savage River, including a visit to Lover's Falls
- Sunset shoot over the plains of Mt Donaldson
- Astro photography (weather permitting)
- Image critique session
- Audiovisual presentation
Michael is a widely-published photographer. He has authored many articles over the years, for magazines such as BBC Wildlife, Australian Photography, Australian Geographic, Australian Birdlife and Wildlife Australia. His images have featured in calendars, diaries, books and billboards and has had his own photographic books published on Australia’s wonderful wildlife. His work has also featured at Tasmania’s own Wilderness Gallery at Cradle Mountain. Michael is an Accredited AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography) and a Nikon School tutor. Michael is passionate about photography and loves sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm with workshop participants.
Itinerary & Other Important Information
- Day 1: Depart Launceston approx 11:00am, with a rainforest walk along the way. Arrival at Corinna Homestead at approx 6:00pm.
- Day 2: Full day of shooting around the numerous trails around Corinna. Rainforest photography including fungi - an absolute highlight at this time of year!
- Day 3: Pieman River Cruise to the mouth of the river, where there will be great opportunities to photograph the rugged west coast. Image critique session.
- Day 4 An early morning cruise to photography the moody morning mist along the Savage River, including Lover's Falls. Landscape shoot in the afternoon, then more fungi and macro photography.
- Day 5: Depart Corinna and photograph the lush rainforest surrounding Philosopher Falls. Transfer to Launceston and end of workshop, with photographic stops on the way.
To Make A Booking
Please email Michael directly
Your position on this workshop will be guaranteed immediately upon the receipt of a AU$700.00 (plus GST) non-refundable deposit. The balance will be required 90 days before the workshop commencement date.
Please email using Michael's contact form or phone 0408 941965
Cancellation up to 60 days before departure - deposit non-refundable or transferable. Cancellation between 60 and 30 days before departure - 50% of total workshop price forfeited. Cancellation less than 30 days before departure or during tour, no refund available.
WildNature COVID 19 Cancellation Policy:
In the event of the cancellation of the photography workshop, or you are unable to travel to the state of the workshop or tour due to Government-imposed travel restrictions, specifically due to COVID 19, you will be eligible for the following:
- A full refund, less any cancellation fees incurred by the operator from the tour accommodation and activity suppliers.